International Gas, October 2016-March 2017
Launched at the International Gas Union’s autumn meetings in Amsterdam, the latest edition of International Gas marked the 85th anniversary of IGU and the transition of the organisation’s Secretariat from Oslo, Norway to Barcelona, Spain.
Feature articles included a review of important milestones in IGU’s history, highlights of the Norwegian Secretariat’s term and the important role of LNG in the global gas marketplace.
The issue also covered some of the latest work of IGU’s committees and task forces across all areas of the gas value chain.
- The Autumn 2016 edition of the International Gas Union magazine International Gas was launched at the IGU’s Council Meeting in Amsterdam.
- 160 pages, softback, A4 sized
- October 2016
- Vision and Mission
- Message from the President and the Secretary General
- IGU Members and Organisation
- News from the Presidency and Secretariat
- Building for the Future
By Pål Rasmussen
- The IGU Council Meeting, Durban
- G20 Natural Gas Day successfully held in Beijing
By Li Yalan
- Reports from the Regional Coordinators
- Update on the 27th World Gas Conference
By Jay Copan
- Natural gas as the fuel of the future: how will technology influence this transition?
By Cynthia Silveira and Jorge Delmonte
- News from organisations affiliated to IGU
- Focus on the work of IGU’s Committees and Task Forces
- Committees and Task Forces: Progress
- The IGU webcast series, expanding global gas advocacy
By Dimtiri Schildmeijer and Anette Sørum Nordal
- Power generation in GPRS of compressor stations
By Behnam Mirzaei, Abdolrahim Najmi, Amir Asghari, Mohammad Reza Goodarzi
- Surprise: Global gas price convergence has been happening since 2005
By Floris Merison
- Repair of deep water pipelines by new remote welding technology
By Jan Olav Berge
- Harnessing customer feedback for outstanding customer experience
By Marie Lyster and Rory Somers
- LNG approaching critical mass as a globalising force for natural gas
By Alex Forbes
- A brief history of the IGU
- Greetings from Eldar Sætre, President and CEO of Statoil ASA
- Greetings from Pål Rasmussen, Secretary General of IGU
- Highlights from the Norwegian Secretariat
- Q&A with Pål Rasmussen and Luis Bertrán Rafecas
- Message from the incoming Secretary General
By Luis Bertrán Rafecas
- Presenting IGU’s new Members
- Publications available from IGU
- Events and Acknowledgements
International Gas October 2016-March 2017 can be downloaded as a PDF for free directly from the IGU website or viewed online via the Issuu publishing platform. The permanent link to every edition of International Gas on Issuu is is.gd/igumagazine.