International Gas, April-September 2017
This latest issue, launched at the International Gas Union’s spring meetings in Muscat, features articles on COP 22 and the role that natural gas can play in helping to meet NDCs agreed at COP 21, developments in LNG haulage vehicles and an interview with IGU’s new Events Director Rodney Cox.
We present some of the latest work of IGU’s Committees looking at dimethyl ether production, shale gas in China, emissions reduction in an industrial context and on advocating for natural gas in Europe.
The issue also highlights the most recent work of IGU from diplomatic engagement and outreach to the final preparations for IGRC2017 and looking ahead to the World Gas Conference in Washington DC next year.
- The spring 2016 edition of the International Gas Union magazine International Gas was launched at the IGU’s Executive Commttee Meeting in Muscat, Oman.
- 144 pages, softback, A4 sized
- March 2017
- Vision and Mission
- Message from the President and the Secretary General
- IGU Members and Organisation
- COP 22: as climate change policy gains momentum, the future gets brighter for gas
By Alex Forbes
- Torque of the town: the gas-powered era of road haulage is under way
By Lee Gale
- An interview with Rodney Cox, IGU’s new Events Director
By Lee Gale
- Oman’s unique habitat
By Talib Suleiman Al Zakwani
- Focus on the work of IGU’s Committees and Task Forces
- Mobile system for dimethyl ether production from natural gas
By Marek Kowalczuk, Jan Hupka and Andrzej Rogala
- Shale gas in China: some delays for a strong take-off?
By Nabila Chafai
- Pollutant emissions reduction in industrial gas-fired applications
By Bernard Blez, Philippe Buchet, Anne Giese, Klaus Görner, Jorg Leicher and Mathieu Ourliac
- The role of gas in a carbon-neutral energy mix
By Marcel Hoenderdos and Dimitri Schildmeijer
- News from the Presidency and Secretariat
- Building for the Future
By Luis Bertrán Rafecas
- IGU Global Gas Award 2015-2018
By Lee Gale
- Reports from the Regional Coordinators
- The Netherlands hosts the 2016 Council meeting
By Mark Blacklock
- Engaging with the diplomatic corps
By Anette S Nordal and Victoria J Jolly
- 5th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum, New Delhi
By Anette S Nordal
- : Update on the 27th World Gas Conference
By Jay Copan
Registration open for IGRC 2017, one of the greatest technical events of the gas sector
By Cynthia Silveira and Jorge Delmonte
- News from organisations affiliated to IGU
- Presenting IGU’s new Members
- Publications available from IGU
- Events and Acknowledgements
International Gas, April-September 2017 can be downloaded as a PDF for free directly from the IGU website or viewed online via the Issuu publishing platform. The permanent link to every edition of International Gas on Issuu is is.gd/igumagazine.