Spider-Man: Freshman Year is a standalone film, set in an alternate reality. Some characters will break MCU canon, but the film is a stand-alone project. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on the specifics.
Characters in SpiderMan: Freshman Year break MCU canon
- Many fans of the comic books and the MCU are wondering if the characters from Spider-Man: Freshman Year will break the MCU canon. This animated series follows a young Spider-Man whose mentor is Norman Osborne. The character also appears in Spider-Man: Homecoming, where he wears a scorpion tattoo. In Freshman Year, however, his look looks more comic book-like.
- The movie is set in the same universe as the Spider-Man movies, but it doesn’t follow the same timeline. It will show Spider-Man’s origins before he becomes a superhero. This will give fans a look at what happened before Tony Stark sought him out in Captain America: Civil War (2016).
- In the MCU, Ned and MJ aren’t mentioned much, but it seems obvious they’re friends from years past. While Ned’s character is small in Freshman Year, MJ’s is a pivotal part of the MCU’s Peter Parker.
- Marvel has already confirmed that Spider-Man: Freshman Year will receive a second season. It is expected to follow Peter Parker during his first year as Spider-Man in high school, and it will also feature Daredevil, who’ll be voiced by Charlie Cox. It will premiere on Disney+ in 2024.
- The characters in Spider-Man: Freshman Year break the MCU canon in several ways. First, they introduce Doctor Otto Octavius as the main villain. This villain will make the MCU more complicated than it is currently. And, of course, Spider-Man: Freshman Year will have a number of villains. The main baddie, Doctor Otto Octavius, will be the biggest baddie in the film.
- The new film’s canon will also affect the Netflix series Daredevil. The Netflix Daredevil series is not a part of Marvel Studios and could potentially break MCU canon. However, it could still be considered canon. But if it does, then it may cause an uproar among Marvel fans. And that could mean the end of the MCU.
- The MCU canon also includes the MCU characters who are associated with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, the MCU canon does not include all the characters from Spider-Man: Freshman Year Break.
SpiderMan: Freshman Year’s release date
Spider-Man: Freshman Year is an animated series that will release on Disney Plus in 2024. It will trace Peter Parker’s life before he joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It will have two seasons, the first titled Freshman Year and the second Sophomore Year. The series will also star Charlie Cox in the role of Daredevil.
The series will follow Peter Parker’s first few years in the MCU, likely set in alternate realities. The release date has not yet been revealed, but the cast is already appointed. It was recently revealed that the series will be produced by Jeff Trammell and will be distributed through Disney+.
Tom Holland may not be reprising his role as Peter Parker in the show, as the actor has not previously reprised the character. However, he will preface the series as Peter’s mentor. Among the other cast members confirmed by Marvel are Rhino, Scorpion, and Tarantula. The show has also confirmed Nico Minoru as Peter’s best friend. Spider-Man: Freshman Year is due to debut in 2024. However, the first season will be delayed to 2024. The series will then follow the Marvel Zombies series, which will air in the fall of 2023.
Spider-Man: Freshman Year will be available on Disney+ in 2024. The animated series is a sequel to Spider-Man: The Animated Series and will feature voice actors. The show is being written and executive produced by Jeff Trammell (Craig and the Creek). The streaming service will also debut I Am Groot, a series of five short films set between the films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
The storyline of the film is not yet confirmed. However, we do know that it is set in the MCU. We also know that the movie will feature a number of villains, including Doctor Strange and the Speed Demon. It also introduces new characters, including Amadeus Cho and Paul F Tompkins.
Spider-Man: Freshman Year is directed by Marc Webb and produced by Marvel Studios. The film will star Tom Holland as the titular character. Tom Holland has already been a successful actor in this role, so he could reprise it. Moreover, Marvel Studios has a track record in recasting the lead role of Spider-Man.
The highly anticipated Spider-Man: Freshman Year is finally coming to theatres this summer! Here’s everything we know about the cast so far.
Tom Holland will be reprising his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. This time around, he’ll be joined by fellow Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Marisa Tomei as May Parker. Additionally, Zendaya will be playing Mary Jane Watson, while Jacob Batalon will portray Ned Leeds.
With such an impressive cast, fans are sure to be in for a treat with this latest instalment of the Spider-Man franchise!
Spider-Man: Freshman Year is a great read for anyone who loves Spider-Man comics. The story follows Peter Parker as he navigates his way through high school, with all of the ups and downs that come with it. While the story may be geared towards a younger audience, there are still plenty of lessons to be learned by readers of all ages. If you’re looking for a feel-good comic book that will leave you smiling, be sure to check out Spider-Man: Freshman Year.